I finished my fast earlier than usual today as I knew that I would be lifting some heavy weights. Breakfast was 1 1/2 cinnamon and raisin bagels with 1 banana cut up and crunchy peanut butter to give me lots of energy.
I managed to squat my PB today, 80kg, 2 rounds of 1 rep and 1 round with 2 reps. I followed this with:
- 3 x 15 goblet squats, using 2 benches, adding 10 pulses on to the end of each round
- 3 x 4 curtsys, with a closed leg squat in between using a barbell
- 3 x 10 hamstring curls on a bench, using a dumbell
- 4 x 10 glute bridges, using the leg curl machine
- 4 x 10 single leg raises
- 4 x 8 barbell straight leg deadlifts
For lunch I made protein, peach and raspberry, soft serve nice cream. Such a yummy nice cream!!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 peach
- handful of frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp hemp protein powder
- maple syrup
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- sprinkle of seeds and goji berries
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- 1 passion fruit
- almond and chocolate granola
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Blend the frozen banana until ice cream texture
- Add peach, hemp powder and frozen berries, blend
- Put in to a bowl and add the toppings
The rest of the afternoon I spent food shopping and running errands. Hunger struck whilst I was out so I treated myself to a cinnamon and caramelised banana, something I didn’t manage to take a good picture of so I won’t show that! But it was delicious, and unhealthy! But hey, it’s Saturday, treat yo self!
Dinner was a buddah bowl, which wasn’t pretty enough to photograph. I really need to improve on taking pictures, and presentation, rather than getting too excited about my food! Here’s a burrito bowl from last month.
- black beans
- red onion
- Put about 1/2 cup of rice in a pan and cook until soft. Put it into a bowl once cooked.
- Drain and wash the sweetcorn and beans and add them in a bowl with the lettuce and rice
- Fry the onion and peppers in a fajita mix ensuring there is still a bite. Add in spinach for the last 5 mins of cooking so that it wilts.
- Serve with fajita wraps, as a burrito, or as is with your favourite sauce!
Let me know if you try the soft serve nice cream. I recommend it, it was delicious!