I didn’t manage to try out my lying down meditation today, instead I got whisked away by mother bear to a meeting about radiators (don’t ask) which ended up being next Tuesday, silly sausage!
As it was an early start, and I wasn’t sure when I would be home, I made my breakfast to take with me so that I could eat it once my fasting was over. I had a similar smoothie to yesterday but added wheatgrass, oats and half of a delicious Nakd bar – I saved the rest for a snack as its my favourite flavour!
We spent the morning/afternoon decorating my Nana’s house and Christmas tree, which was so much fun, and clearing out her attic as she will be moving in to a new house (rabbit hutch as she calls it) for the first time in around 30 years, maybe more!
As it was cold out (it’s grim up north) I had a belly warming roasted tomato and red pepper soup for lunch, so cosy. It was meant to be smooth but my sisters food processor isn’t great so it turned out chunky, which I actually preferred.
I’ve just realised my bread blends in to the table, don’t worry I didn’t eat the table!!
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
5 mins 30 mins 35 mins
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red tomato
- 1/2 tsp of ‘lazy garlic’
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 500ml boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Roughly chop the onions, peppers and tomatoes, and put into a baking tray, add the garlic if fresh. Sprinkle to coconut oil on top
- Cook for 20 min, or until the vegetables are soft
- Put the vegetables into a blender/soup maker adding the vegetable stock, garlic, basil and spinach.
- Blitz until the soup required consistency
- Put into a pan and reheat.
- Serve with bread (I served mine with brown bread and roasted tomato hummus)
Let me know if you end up making this, and if you liked it!